Sponsor

header ads

Mesut Ozil blasts the press, says he would prove himself at Arsenal

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has revealed that he will prove himself at Arsenal amidst various criticisms which have been thrown at him recently due to his current poor form.
Mesut Ozil blasts the press, says he would prove himself at Arsenal
Mesut Ozil has been unable to meet up with the fans' expectations for a greater part of last season and this season so far, but the Germany international believes Arsene Wenger can help him move ahead to the next step. He has so much trust in the Arsenal manager and also revealed that he is happy at The Emirates Stadium.

“He (Wenger) knows what he wants and I know he can bring me a step forward; he trusts me in that way and I trust him, completely." Ozil told Esquire magazine

“For a team, it (a trophy) is the biggest thing to get and we got it (last season with the FA Cup), but as a player, there are other things – being the best player in the world, other cups, the Champions League.

“For now, I am not making any plans for after my career. I am just really happy to be here.”

When asked on how he feels about criticisms which have been made against him in the past, the midfielder made it known that he is not bothered about such things, as his main target is to move ahead.

“I don’t care what the press thinks about me as football changes from day to day. You can play well one day and badly the next. I’m used to it.” he added.

Post a Comment

0 Comments