Sponsor

header ads

Griezmann reveals reason for snubbing a move to Arsenal

Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann has revealed the reason for snubbing a move to Arsenal in the summer despite strong interests from the London club and French side PSG.

The former Real Sociedad star stated that he preferred working with Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone, he said the Argentine's style is what attracted him to sign for his side.
Griezmann reveals reason for snubbing a move to Arsenal
The 23-year old earned a place in the France squad for the 2014 World Cup due to his form while in Real Sociedad. This attracted top European clubs including Arsenal who made an approach for him in April.

However, the forward prefers to stay in Spain and feels elated to have signed for the reigning champions of La liga.

"Why Spain and not elsewhere? This is my championship, my home. I'm happy here and Atletico is a great club. The [champions] were willing to pay €30 million for me," he told France Football.

"I had the boss on the phone. He motivated me and said the club really wanted me. I knew that I was coming here to learn.

"Was it weird when PSG and Arsenal were also interested? [Atletico are] still the champions of Spain!

"I needed a club like that and a coach like Diego Simeone to progress. I always demands intensity in training. That's my style and I like it."

 Either Griezmann signs for Arsenal or not, all I've got to say is that we've got our own players and they are also of top class. No player can ever be bigger than any club and we've got no problems with you not signing for us.... Arsenal still remain red and white for life as far as the fans are concerned.

Post a Comment

0 Comments