Sponsor

header ads

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry said he cried when he left Arsenal, reveals reason for leaving the club

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has revealed his reason for leaving the London club for Barcelona in 2007. However, he stated that he never wanted to leave the Gunners at that time.

Thierry Henry who holds the Premier League's 3rd highest goal scoring record revealed that he cried when he was about to leave Arsenal and emphasized on the fact that Arsene Wenger's uncertainty at the club made him to consider a move to Camp Nou in 2007.
Henry's love for Arsenal have made him visit the Londoners very often as a player on loan from his former club New York Red Bulls and also as a spectator to watch Arsenal games

"I never considered leaving Arsenal. But I was 29-years-old and in-form, I thought all the guys left and I did not know if Arsene [Wenger] would be staying." he told beIN Sports.

"It was not easy and when I left I cried. I'm not ashamed to say it. I'm a competitor and I had to leave.

Henry who was played as a fourth striker at Barcelona struggled to break into the Catalans' starting XI but all to no avail. He also said something on this.

"When I arrived at Barcelona, Guardiola told me that I was the fourth-choice striker and I would not be starter.

"I accepted the challenge and I fought, and competition makes you increase your level. People talk about luck, but you need to create you own. When you work, you got the reward at the end." he added.

Thierry Henry who retired from playing football in early 2015 is now a pundit at Sky Sports and it is believed that he signed a deal worth about £4million-a-year with the broadcasting channel and this makes him the highest paid pundit in the world.

Henry has emphasized several times on returning to Arsenal someday and who knows? He may be one of Arsenal's future managers, after starting his UEFA B coaching badge in Wales.

Long live Legend Henry!!!!!

Post a Comment

0 Comments